It was cooler today than it has been all summer really. I think the high might have gotten into the 80s. Halleluiah! This afternoon the kids begged to go in the pool. So I put Wes down for a nap and Ava, Taylor, Liv and I took a dip! It was cold, for the first time in a really long time. After a few minutes though, it was perfect! We swam for more than an hour and a half. Livi has been really into what she calls “diving” this year. She puts on goggles and basically floats at the top of water while inspecting everything under water. As the summer has gone on, she has braved touching the bottom with her hands. She loves diving rings also. Taylor, who has enjoyed a love/hate relationship with the pool, has also ventured a few dives as of late. He does not enjoy this nearly as much as his twin sister, but he likes it enough to put in ear plugs and endure a fair amount of coughing after mis-coordinating his breathing. I think he isn’t always all the way out of the water before he tries to breath, and I think that he sometimes hasn’t finished his breath while on his way down. Still, I’m really proud that he keeps getting back in the pool, pushing the nasty painful ear plugs in, and trying again. I hope that some day he will enjoy the pool/swimming at least as much as Liv does right now.
We have been watching a ton of Olympic coverage. Just about as much as NBC offers for over the air. The kids are really soaking it all up too. Liv thinks just about everything is the most awesome thing she has EVER seen… haha. She likes cycling, swimming, water polo, gymnastics, and volleyball. Taylor seems somewhat less impressed by it all, but does frequently sit and watch for short periods. Jon has been staying up late to watch the complete primetime broadcast. We both agree that NBC needs to get rid of the Entertainment crap and start coverage an hour earlier… what can I say, we’re old!
This morning all four kids and I took a suicidal trip to the store where I tortured myself trying to finish school supply shopping while begging them to behave. Its not that they were so bad, its just that I am used to being able to exhibit a lot more control over them. Ava was surprisingly brutal. Still, goal accomplished… painfully…

No comments:
Post a Comment