Us

Us
Wife, Parent, Nurse; my life raw and real, as I see it.

Friday, July 20, 2012

Rain!



My kids are always "good", today, they were "AMAZING!" All four of them went downstairs to the basement, where they played cooperatively and happily for hours. I sat down on the couch, where I fell asleep... totally asleep. I woke up to the darkest storm cloud ever, and actually thought that I had slept through my shift at work... It was very eerie since one of the kids had brought up Wes' toy fog lamp and left it lit on the kitchen table (yes it was dark enough that you really did need a light to see anything even though it was 4 in the afternoon...) In fact, Jon walked in minutes later and thought that our power was out. It was not yet raining at this time. I had just enough time to run out to the clothes line and bring in all the stuff we had hanging out.



When the rain came though, it really came. The trees in our neighborhood were totally bending from one side to the other, and the rain came down in heavy sheets. It was good in that all our lawns here are pretty much dead, but it was bad in that I needed to be driving to work. I decided to wait out the storm a bit and go in late, just because the wind was so wild.

No comments: