On my new unit, I work every 3rd weekend, 12 and 1/2 hour shifts. Working 25 hours in a 48 hour period feels like what I would imagine a Marathon to feel like. By the last few hours, I'm pretty tired and unreliable. I know a lot of nurses who do 12 hour shift three or more days in a row... I'm not sure how they do this. I feel drained after just two... Anyway, I started working in this unit in March, and since then, most of my weekend shift have been really slow. I definitely prefer it to be more steady, slow just makes the hours that much longer. This weekend it was not slow. Today seemed to fly even faster than yesterday. In fact, there were points where I felt like I might not get everything done. This is a feeling that I have not had ever since I started here. Still, I prefer this to the monotony of waiting for time to pass.

No comments:
Post a Comment