Us

Us
Wife, Parent, Nurse; my life raw and real, as I see it.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

T is for Train


Wednesday was the chilliest day we had up North.  When we woke up, it felt cool.  I put Ava and Wes in shorts with their pants over them.  The pants came off just a few hours later. The chill in the air had seemed to blow all the steam out of the swimming sails.  So Grandma K brought out some of the activities that she brought along to entertain the small people.  This included a large tub of Brio train track and accessories.  Taylor, not surprisingly, took to this idea like fish in water.  In fact he spent most of the day building elaborate tracks and destroying them.  He did take a brief break to enjoy the new fishing gear and catch a fish, and then back to life as the engineer of a very busy train depot. 



After dinner we invited Sonja's parents over to the cottage.  At one point, I told Taylor that it was time to clean up the trains, an instruction that I was expecting to get a lot of grief over. I was shocked when Taylor responded quite casually, "Okay!"  I was expressing this shock to Sonja in the kitchen when I heard Taylor talking to her dad.  The conversation went like this:
Taylor: to Chuck "Can you help me?"
Chuck: "Sure! What do you need?"
Taylor: pointing at the three by four foot track "Clean that up."

I think the part that was so shocking about it was the delivery.  Taylor gave the order with all the authority of someone who actually had any.  I came out of the cottage and scolded him, but everyone got a pretty good laugh out of it.

No comments: