Today was more or less a lazy day. It was our last full day of vacation, so we filled it with all the things that we wanted to do and had not yet done. Jon and I thought it would be fun to do some science experiments. So we brought two liter bottles of diet cola and three tubes of Mentos... if you don't know why this is a science experiment, try it... or watch Mythbusters :)
We also brought an experiment I found online called "Elephant Toothpaste". The kids thought this was pretty cool, but didn't turn out as fun as I had hoped. This one mixed Hydrogen Peroxide with yeast and dish soap which caused it to expand and flow out of the bottle like toothpaste.
We also flew kites. The Easter bunny brought Tay, Liv and Ava each a kite. Liv had a Yoda kite, Ava had a Winnie the Pooh kite, and Taylor had a Air force Fighter Jet kite. The wind was not constant, but at times was strong enough to fly our kites high. I have never flown a kite before, so I probably enjoyed this more than the kids...

No comments:
Post a Comment