Us

Us
Wife, Parent, Nurse; my life raw and real, as I see it.

Monday, July 02, 2012

Cool thoughts



"I think its cool, I think its cool..." Ugh, its HOT!

Mind over matter is not working.  We did pretty good today, for the most part.  We had a quick breakfast, then piled in the car for an appointment.  We dropped off a prescription for Liv, then headed over to the library.  The kids have been keeping track of their story time so they can earn prizes from the library.  For their first week they earned personal pan pizzas from Pizza Hut...  I sort of groaned about this when I first got them, but since the heat was super unbearable, we ended up taking them there and using them for dinner,and well... I couldn't groan at the bill.  Jon and I ordered the pasta for Wes and Salad bar for ourselves while the other kids ate their pizzas. 

The kids spent some time playing on the library computers, picking out some books, and relaxing in the a/c.  When I could no longer keep them quiet (Well Wes quiet) we packed up to leave.  I ran into a friend just as we were walking out.  I was really disappointed in how misbehaved my children were, but I guess I have to cut them some heat related slack too.  This weather, not unlike really cold/snowy stuff, makes you crazy. 

After the library we picked up Liv's med, stopped at the bread store, and went home.  The kids nibbled on a treat I picked up for them at the bread store, and headed downstairs while I whipped up some lunch.  Meals have been something of a wonder in the heat.  I am always amazed by my dependence upon the stove when I can't use it (whether because it is too hot, or there is no power...) we have had a lot of PB&J, popcorn, yogurt and string cheese.  Basically anything that I can take straight downstairs with little spill potential and no preparation requirements...

No comments: