We had sort of an off day today. The kids woke up early, well early for someone who went to bed as late as I did… 7:45… A few minutes after Ava came into my room and sweet as pie asked to climb into my bed, Liv came into my room and sheepishly informed me that she had “an accident”. So, reluctantly, I rolled out of bed. Ugh.
It is very rare that Liv has accidents, so this struck me as very odd. I had to tread carefully because in the past she has been extremely sensitive to even statements that closely resemble criticism about accidents. “Accidents happen, and that is okay.” She told me this on her way to the bathroom this morning just as she has since she was three years old and first learning to use the potty.
In other potty news, Ava has been accident free during the day since Monday. She has been very good about actually going pee pee when asked since Friday, though she usually isn’t pleased about being asked. It is funny because she really does soak up all the praise and rewards, but fusses when asked to sit and try. I am very pleased with how much control she has shown, but we are still waiting for her to recognize the need to go on her own. I had her go right before we left for the store yesterday, and she was dry for then entire trip. Friday will be a real test for how well she is doing since we have to travel to Madison for an appointment.
Taylor woke up this morning complaining that his tummy was “spinning”. At first I thought he was telling me that his incision was hurting, but after some more questioning I determined that he was just very hungry. This would be a result of his adamant refusal to eat what was prepared for dinner last night. He ate nearly half the box of cheerios in milk for breakfast this morning and drank a huge cup of apple juice. For lunch he gobbled up a large bowl of mac, but refused to even think about trying a blueberry. He said he his tummy felt much better.
Wes was very much himself. He ate his pancakes willingly without complaint this morning and drank almost a whole cup of milk. Maybe he wasn’t himself… Lunch went pretty good too, and I rewarded him with a cracker. Afterwards he toddled off to bed for a nap. They all got hair cuts last week, and I think Wes looks so much older now. I haven’t really been able to put my finger on it, but something has changed recently, and I find him more mature. I find myself thinking, “gee, Wes is really acting more like a three year old…” Sometimes this pleases me to pieces, and sometimes I think, “Did I want him to act more like a three year old?” Overall he has been much easier to manage, and it helps in some way to say, “Well that is just a normal three year old tantrum…”

No comments:
Post a Comment