Us

Us
Wife, Parent, Nurse; my life raw and real, as I see it.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Where have all the flowers gone?


This morning I woke up and peered out my window over my lovely back yard.  I was disappointed to see that so many the beautiful red leaves had fallen of our enormous maple (whose leaves begin changing color every year in July). I love fall, except for the fact that it precedes winter.  There are a lot of ways in which I am ready for fall, but a lot in which I am just not.  

This afternoon I took the kids for an appointment with a therapist that specializes in feeding therapy.  I am hoping that she has some special feeding voodoo that will get Wes on the fast tract to normality, yet I don't dare to hope.  Other special needs Moms will definitely understand this. I really liked the therapist, I think she has a good energy, and some tricks that we haven't tried.  She warned me though that it can be hard to get prior authorization from insurance companies for this stuff.  Which frankly rials me up.  

So we will see how this goes.  If it goes well, I might get Taylor some help too.  

No comments: