My wonderful nephew Evan turns 14 today.
Seems like just yesterday when I peeled his Momma off the floor of her apartment, suffered her screaming wrath trying not to drive too fast or too slow and to miss all the pot holes between her apartment in Menasha to the hospital in Neenah... The spent a long evening next to her under her strong grip while she decided too late that she wanted drugs and begged the nurses to "stop it" so they could all do it "later".
I love being an aunt. I was 17 when E came into the world. I dragged him around with me everywhere. I remember stopping by the stage at school one day. People said, "Julie, do have something to tell us?" I said, "Umm... my sister had a baby?"
Anyway, this year, my little baby E will be a freshman at that very school. Where did all that time go? That was also the year I met Jon. I don't think he loved carrying around my baby nephew, but not doing so probably would have been a deal breaker for me. I always knew babies would be in my future, so how Jon cared for E was sort of my first chance to see how my future fit with him.
Anyway, food for another book :)
Happy Birthday Evan, hope it was great!

No comments:
Post a Comment