Well, I managed to guilt/convince a few of you to come over and vote in our gender poll. I am getting so excited to know. Now that I am up every two hours at night for bladder calls, and can only fit into three pairs of pants, its harder for me to ignore/forget that there really are two babies growing in there. Things have been pretty surreal since we hit 20 weeks. I feel like we accomplished so much, but still so little. March still seems so far away. Given the likelihood of being put on bed rest, as early as 28 weeks, we started putting together the nursery over the weekend. Pulling out the bedding, and the cloth diapers/receiving blankets, and bottles... its all just making things so real. I am excited and nervous, and anxious all at the same time. Trying to remember what the essentials are and remembering where I put them has been interesting too.
As for the older twins, they got a big dose of what is coming over Thanksgiving when their baby cousin was visiting. I know they don't quite understand that two are coming to stay, but we got a little glimpse into how they might react to some of it. I think Livi is going to be a big helper, and I think Taylor is going to have more issues with jealousy and wanting to be held.
On the potty topic, we gave it a really valiant effort the weekend before Thanksgiving, but quickly learned that there was simply too much going on that week to keep it up. I think we got a good idea about where they are and how ready they might be. I also think Livi took some big steps in realizing that she really doesn't like to be wet, and we need her to tell us. Unfortunately, Taylor never really minded being wet at all, and thought it was all a big to do just to get a cookie. I think we will try again soon with Alivya, but I think she needs to be more motivated. Just before we stopped she was back to "I not" whenever the potty topic was brought up. In the meantime, thanks so much for all your thoughts and advice. We've been using cloth diaper pins at night time and at nap time to keep the clothes on. Livi definitely doesn't like it, but its not motivating enough for her to use the potty. We also learned that the part about putting the pin through the zipper is essential, since they can still get out with just the pin in... So there haven't been too many more diaper disasters in the past week or so, but still not potty trained.
So with that, Onward towards viability! Please, if you haven't already, vote!
2 comments:
Thanks for the update!
Oh my God, I'm due on the same day as you and am only having 1 and I've been in maternity pants since week 10. Shirts since week 6 because of the massive boobs.
I feel my little guy move all the time and he keeps kicking my cervix. It's annoying.
I really don't like the whole pregnancy thing. I love the end result and it's all very cool, but I could really do without the side effects.
Post a Comment