Last night Jon and I were sitting on the couch watching TV when the cat suddenly leans over and starts wrenching... OH NO! Not on my couch! My feet happened to be in the right place and I gently kicked him off just in time. Five piles of partially chewed up cat food later, and the place was christened the "Vomitorium".
Yesterday turned out to be a more eventful day than I had planned. Around noon after one of my many trips to ladies room, I discovered that I had been bleeding some. This has happened frequently since I had the stitch placed. The general consensus is that something is causing the stitch to irritate the cervix and therefore we bleed a bit. Unlike before, yesterday the bleeding didn't exactly stop. It got lighter and more watery, but didn't stop. So off to the doctor I went.
First he measured the babies, then listened to their heartbeats, then did a test to rule out premature rupture of membranes. Finally he too a swab to look at under the microscope and checked that the stitch and cervix were as he left them months ago. All these tests were negative and explained nothing. So then he decided to do a quick ultrasound to check the amnio fluid levels. Both babies showed normal levels of fluid. Since we were there and all gooped up anyway, they decided to do a couple of growth measurements. Then the he decided to take a look at the cervix on ultrasound too. By then he was being called off to a delivery, (and the ultrasound tech must not have had any other appointments) so she took us on an extended tour of the babies. They have grown so much since November 11th!
All the measurements she took were fine, and the cervix was not showing any signs of dilation at either end, the stitch was in place. The babies look strong and healthy, and at least one of them shared with the tech the part of its body that would tell us what it is. We each have our suspicions, but we confirmed nothing, since we don't want to know. (Sorry, you all will just have to keep guessing!) The poll will be up until we know, so I am hoping that more people vote.
Anyway, the machine we were using, according to the tech, was the "old" machine, so we didn't really get good pictures. The ones we got are pretty difficult to see, so I don't think I am going to post them. We should get better ones at our next scheduled ultrasound in January. In the meantime, I am supposed to "take it easy", which probably means I shouldn't do the laundry today. The bleeding in its lighter more watering form continues, but no one has an explanation... so we wait, while taking it easy...
2 comments:
Bleeding free since 9 am, could it have stopped? Really?
Whew!!! I am so glad that everything turned out to be ok! You are getting closer to milestones!!
Post a Comment