Us

Us
Wife, Parent, Nurse; my life raw and real, as I see it.

Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Cont'd

We had so much Christmas around here that I needed to make two different posts, actually, I could go on and on, but I won't.

So Christmas morning we opened presents from Santa and lots of close friends who sent or dropped off gifts for the kids. Nana Sue, sent them adorable little back packs that had "Taylor" and "Livi" embroidered on them. It pains me to think that they have gotten so big so fast, but I am actually looking forward to school. I am sure they will get lots of use out of these bags. Thank you SUE!

Our friends James and Kristi spend a lot of time with the kids, and frequently help us out when we need a sitter... if anyone should have been buying gifts, it was really us for them, but they dropped some off too. They each got one of these hopping balls. They also received a book about a new baby and this toy medical set... a toy my sister also got for them. Thanks James and Kristi!

And on that note, I also must say that Kristi works her off season at Wal-mart, we happened to be there on Saturday, and Livi who has in the past had a love/hate relationship with Kristi, says "Lets go see Kristi!" as we were passing the customer service desk. I am not sure if it was presents or just growing up, but I think she is done acting all scared and shy when Kristi is around.

Later my family came over and the kids got lots more toys, their favorite by far is the Vtech laptop computer. Taylor spent the next several days going "oh no, my computer" whenever he realized that he had left it somewhere. I think it is so funny how we spend our childhood pretending that we are older like adults, and our adulthood at least wishing we were younger...

We rounded out the day by going to visit Jon's mom. The kids were pretty tired by this point, and actually had refused to open about 12 presents that we had had at home. So we took the rest of the day slowly, stopping to eat diner, chat with Jon's brother and his family, and even a short nap (at least for our very crabby little boy). So far the kids favorite toy from three has been this Geo track set. This is the first thing they play with every morning, and pretty much the last thing they've played with in the evening too.

There were also plenty of toys that we can put away for later this year. Since their birthday is already on Tuesday, we always try to buy things that they might be into now, and things that they can grow into. The joy of having kids with holiday birthdays. We are really looking forward to teaching them how to ride their new bikes this summer.

Speaking of birthday, Livi looks so much older to me today. Might be that shirt she got for Christmas though. I can't believe they will be three already tomorrow. They have started to attach themselves to certain toys and stuffed friends, telling us stories based on the pictures in books, mimic things that we do around the house, and so much more.

We've also begun our 27th week of this pregnancy. Things are going well, but after a short after Christmas sale searching I learned that I am not allowed to shop until the babies come. Just a few short hours of shopping was enough to cause a whole evening of bleeding related to irritation of the cerclage. So, no more activities that require me to be on my feet constantly for more than an hour... Its not all bad though, I hate grocery shopping, now I have a good excuse not to do it! I think I am also getting a sinus infection.. blah...

No comments: