Us

Us
Wife, Parent, Nurse; my life raw and real, as I see it.

Sunday, May 05, 2013

Little kitty likes turtle




We went to the opening of a new exhibit at the Building for Kids last month.  The exhibit is Safari themed, and therefore the staff brought in a few live animals for the kids to see and touch.  Alivya really liked this part.  Taylor and Ava were impressed, but not to the same degree as Liv, who ended up holding the Walabe.
Alivya and Ava also had their faces painted. I wish I had been there to see it done because it was some of the best artistry I have seen on kids faces in a while... and when I have to do it at halloween, I could use some pointers...  alas, I was off in the water exhibit with Wes.  Wes LOVES running water.  He and Oliver really share that obsession. 
What surprises me about BFK is that the kids love the permanant exhibits.  The traveling ones come and go, obviously, but they hardly notice them.  They just live for the ball and the heart, and the water, and the trains...  As a parent, I feel bad sometimes, because I get bored, so I am less inclinded to want to go...

No comments: