Our little house elfs.
I didn't really intend to have a "feast" after this book, but the kids loved that part of the Sorcerer's Stone party so much. So as we read, Jon and I took notes of the foods in the book. Of course if you have ever read HP, you know that most of the food they talk about are sweet treats. So we immediately latched on to the Strawberry Peanut Butter Ice Cream that is mentioned early in the book. This became the basis for my Strawberry Peanut Butter dirt cake. The rest of the food this time came from our desire to feed the kids actual food, not just sugar. It took a lot of time to convince them that Basilisk bread and "blood" sauce was totally edible.
They were not fond of my Butter Beer from the last party (even though I was!), so we came up with Phoenix Tears (Kiddie Cocktail.... loved these when I was a kid!). Liv loves broccoli and we were trying to come up with something really healthy to add, so the Forbidden Forest cheesy cob web broccoli was born.
Finally, Basilisk Fangs, because we knew that half our kids would not touch the broccoli... they needed something healthy too.




No comments:
Post a Comment