After Bay Beach yesterday, I went to work :( While I was working, the kids were enjoying a free for all in my art cabinet... they discovered the loads of play doh that we acquired around Taylor and Alivya's third birthday. This wasn't such a bad thing since the weather was cold, wet and basically crappy for almost June. No, the trouble actually came today, when I put Wes' shoes on and discovered that the bottoms were caked in play doh. Wes isn't a very stable walker in the first place, so add a whole bunch of play doh packed to the bottom of his normally grippy shoes... equals disaster!
He was slipping and sliding all the way to his classroom. When I picked him up from school, the teachers informed me that he was slipping the whole time. "There is some stuff on the bottoms of his shoes," they told me. "Yeah", I thought, "play doh". Basically they told me that I had to do something about it. So after I put the kids to bed for their afternoon "nap", grabbed the shoes and the butter knife. Unfortunately, the butter knife was actually too big for most of the grooves on his shoes. All it was doing was creating a potentially bad situation for my abdomen. So I abandoned the knife for my meat thermometer, whose point fit perfectly in the grooves of his shoes. I scraped all the play doh I could off the bottom of the shoes into a plastic bag, all while cursing Jon under my breath for not paying attention and preventing this from happening. Suddenly, I felt a stinger go right up my back, and every time I turned my head... sharp stabbing pain.
GoodE!
Luckily, I already had a chiropractor appointment set up for the afternoon today, so I just had to get there. Unfortunately, Taylor and Wes were also scheduled for an appointment... so all the kids had to come too... It became rather apparent pretty early that this was not going to happen. I made it to Jon's work, where he took over the driving.
Literally have a pain in my neck!
The chiropractor did a big adjustment to my neck, but relief was not imminent.. Sadly. Strong drugs will be required for sleep tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment