Us

Us
Wife, Parent, Nurse; my life raw and real, as I see it.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Slap in the face


Last week I thought this was a "shiner"... it was sad and shocking when I first saw it.  I felt bad. My baby had a goose egg (barely visible on his forhead) and a swollen read cheek and lower eye lid. This one happend when I was at work, and Dad said he fell while playing outside... I kept thinking, what did he hit... But it healed up pretty quickly and was scarcely a red mark by Friday...


Then this happened.

He was running around outside with his siblings.  Livi and Taylor came running for us as we heard him cry around the side of the house. I caught up with him just around the corner.  He was sitting beside the flower bed that lines our garage holding his bloody face.  I have to think he fell and skided along the side walk right into the flower bed (which is mulched with this aweful lava rock). Poor guy had a one inch laceration on his head (seen here glued up), abrasions from his eye brow down to his nose, lower lip, and back sides of both hands.  And a huge goose egg under that lac.  Its like that new skin just broke right open.

If there is a bright side, he didn't need stitches and the ER was relatively docile as we were in and out in less than an hour.

No comments: