Us
Wife, Parent, Nurse; my life raw and real, as I see it.
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Cat nap
Today I got up at 7, reluctantly after I got to bed extra late... 1:45am... it was a tough night on the floor. I drove all the kids to school, then I went to my other job. I tutored three students on endocrine. At least its a subject I really get, so its easier to help with. Then I headed over to Connections for Wes' progress review and Taylor's goal review. Two hours later, Ava had fallen asleep sitting in the chair, so I carried her out to the car. When we got home, she laid down on the couch, I swallowed some food and hit the garden. My planting schedule is already off since we got snow so late in the season. I planted and watered, and when I came in it was time to go pick up the other kids from school. So I rustled Ava, and off we went to pick up Taylor and Alivya. At Connections I picked up Wes and dropped off Taylor.
When I got home this time I was just out of energy. I thought I would slip upstairs and lay down for a few minutes. Jon was due home in about a half hour, so I thought I could afford a few minutes. The next thing I remembered was Jon crawling up next to me in bed and listening to him snore. I dozed.
Then I heard Wes clambering up the stairs "Dad!!! Dad!!! Dad!!!". Jon rolled over and I opened my eyes... "what time is it?"
"After 5, We've been up here an hour," says Jon.
Speak for yourself... how did I get so tired?
Labels:
Parenting,
Reflection
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment