Who doesn't love this face?
Tomorrow my babies, who I acknowledge haven't been babies for a long time, turn another year older... they will be all the wiser, smarter, more independent, stronger, older...
In all honesty, it is already happening, tomorrow is just a formality. This morning I sent Taylor and Liv to school early so that I could meet Wes' cab at school. There, eventually, I put him in his car seat and watched as someone else drove off my child to his first day of school.
Like when Taylor first went to school, the cab arrived today without an appropriate carseat. I will never understand why they think they are outside of the law. Not my child. The driver called the dispatch to ask for a car seat, and they told her that there wasn't one available. I was LIVID! After pulling my car seat out of my car, I made a call to the transportation coordinator at the school and gave her a piece of my mind. I made it very plain and clear that he is 23 pounds and requires a five point harness. I brought this up at the IEP, where the physical therapist agreed, I brought it up to the daycare, who thankfully refused to send him in a booster seat (meant for 80 lb children). I told absolutely everyone who would listen, and it still happened. Why?
The transportation coordinator assures me that it won't happen again, but my confidence is really low. Unfortunately, next week I won't be available to lend my car seat. Furthermore, the drive was like, "where am I taking him?"
UGH!
Anyway, he returned back from school on a bus, strapped into a five point harness, safe...
I wish I could turn my stress into pennies.. I would be so rich!

No comments:
Post a Comment