Happy New Year!
Our family enjoyed a very quiet New Years Day. We took down the Christmas tree and other decorations. We also started looking for new places to store all these new toys. Outside the weather finally got the message that its winter in Wisconsin. About an inch or two of snow fell after we went to bed sometime around two in the morning. The news reported pretty nasty driving conditions, but we would not have known since we spent the day indoors.
The kids played with their new toys while I watched the Packers win yet again, for a 15-1 season. Would have been awesome to have gone 16-0, but I think 15-1 is an amazing second best!
Liv begged me to play with her new pottery wheel. When we finally managed to coral four D sized batteries, mix enough water into the clay to make it moldable, and figure out how to get it to stick to the wheel... she had already lost interest. As it turns out, she is really more interested in painting the pot than actually making the pot. I have always wanted to learn to make pottery, but this wasn't exactly what I had in mind. It was really hard, but I do think that this kit is in part responsible. Its all small, so it really isn't made for my big hands, and the plastic part that rotates the pot doesn't have any thing that holds the clay on. I wonder how a real pottery wheel compares.

No comments:
Post a Comment