
2013 was all about MineCraft where Taylor and Alivya are concerned. It started out benignly enough with them designing "worlds" and building stuff like virtual Legos, but in time it has developed into a teenager size obsession. So it was no surprise that they both wanted a MineCraft cake for thier birthday. I started this adventure by researching MineCraft cakes on Pinterest... I got a lot of ideas from there, including the Jigglers water... I had a really cool layered style cake planned with blocks of "dirt/grass", sand blocks, Lava and Water, when Alivya informed me that they wanted Steve? Cupcakes. Wait, what?
She also laid out her requirements that she have both chocolate and "vanilla" (yellow) cake options. Geez, so much for thinking I had a plan huh? Historically, I started out by making fancy cakes for the kids because opening more presents five days after Christmas was sort of "old". They seemed over it and had plenty of new toys to explore. This has become less of the case recently, but now the cakes are tradition... Years past, by the time we got to Ava and Wes' birthday (Jan 10) we were not only present-ed out, but also caked out... so I made them fancy cupcakes... less fancy and less cake (and therefore less fancy). So Livi and Tay wanting cupcakes threw a big wrench in my usual approach to the birthday celebrations!
Ava and Wes have requested a Princess and Ninjago themed cake... Should be interesting.




No comments:
Post a Comment