Us

Us
Wife, Parent, Nurse; my life raw and real, as I see it.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Crap I didn't get done


Since the family was so sick during my "break" there is all this crap I literally didn't get done...  Posting photos of Taylor and Livi's first grade Holiday around the World concert was one of them... 

Taylor is the third kid in on the third row from the right if you are looking at the photo.  The adorable little Hmong girl in front of him, third kid in the second row, was such a temptation to him.  Her hat was covered in the back in colorful fun pompoms.  Taylor was so well behaved, even after the little boy next to him started playing with them.  Unfortunately, Taylor has a really bad oral fixation, especially when he is nervous.  So, the fingers were in his mouth or nose for most of it, and when they were not in, the tongue was out :(


Taylor got to play a triangle for his part in the show.  The little boy next to him probably has ADHD and went a little crazy at one point.  Of course it was Taylor, my little extreme rule follower, who set him straight very loudly...  at which point all the parents laughed.  I am thankful that while Taylor blushed over it, I don't think it had any residual effects.  


Livi, the at least the shortest girl in the whole first grade if not the shortest kid...  had a speaking part.  I was so very proud of her for memorizing two long lines.  She did great and even adjusted the microphone so everyone could hear her!



Alivya, like Taylor, also puts her fingers in her mouth when she is nervous... unlike Taylor, however, she can be distracted and corrected away from it...  

Very proud of my children, this was a big moment for them.  

No comments: