It is that time of year again when we look back and really think about the road we've taken into parenthood. I like to think that we took the road less traveled, but the reality is that prematurity has been on the rise. November is national prematurity awareness month, and ironically the month in which our destiny as preemie parents was revealed.
If you are new to our site and our preemie story, I invite you to click back through our archives to November 2005. For those of you who have followed our blog since then, I apologize for some of the redundancy you might get here, but I know that you can appreciate the extraordinary ups and downs we have experienced. We feel so fortunate to have had your support all this time. Recently I have learned about a number of "lurkers", readers who don't necessarily let you know their reading, who have followed our blog since I was early in my first pregnancy. To those of you, it means so much to know that Taylor and Alivya have touched your lives also. During this month, I challenge each of our readers to share just one fact about prematurity to one person each day. My goal is to discuss one aspect of prematurity each week during November (I am hoping if I shoot for a weekly blog, I can achieve more of a daily thing... we'll see).
Thank you for helping spread prematurity awareness! Now for a brief look back...
Alivya Ann
Born 14 weeks early, weighing 1 pound 14 ounces, 13 inches long.
Taylor Sigmund
Born 14 weeks early, weighing 2 pounds 3 ounces, 13.5 inches long.
No comments:
Post a Comment