I realized this morning that we have been home for over a week... doesn't really feel like it. Maybe some of this is because we have been so very busy! Jon was laid off from work effective the day before we left for California, so this past week he spent interviewing... interview after interview after interview. In fact, I think that the interviewing process has been more time consuming than when he had a full time job. Just this morning he left for Missouri, where he is, yet again, interviewing. Ugh. I really hope at the end of all this madness he ends up with a position that he loves, making the kind of money he deserves. (and a little bit of sanity in our home would be appreciated too;)
Me, well I have been working. Today I get a break after a five day stretch. I don't expect a medal or anything, its just that I work part time... theoretically... When I am not at work, I am working here at home, desperately trying to get things put away and cleaned up. We did take a few hours for ourselves last Friday though. MIL gave us tickets to the Lion King stage production for Christmas last year. She watched the kiddos so we could go out for dinner first and then see the show. We have seen the show before, but I would see it a hundred more times just to get a few hours of "us time". Besides, each production is unique, that is the power of live performances! I personally enjoyed watching Symba scramble when Nala took off his head during "Can you feel the love tonight". He recovered pretty good considering. The adult Nala, by the way, was absolutely outstanding that evening. The power in her voice sent chills up my spine, and after seeing the show three times, I am still impressed by several technical aspects of the show. I love how they do the sun effect and the water drying up. I also love the stampeed and Mufasa's ghost scenes.
The kids are doing well... well healing I guess. Livi is pretty much over the cold that she acquired (and faithfully shared with all of us). She has not been wearing her glasses well though. It doesn't help that we have been too busy and can't keep putting them back on. She lost three pounds since she was last weighed, so we added some Peda Sure to her daily intake... she love it. Yesterday Jon said that she just closed her eyes and sucked it down like she was in little baby heaven on earth! She has also started to say Dada... meaningfully.
Taylor is sort of in the thick of his illness now. Initially he had only a runny nose, and I thought we were going to get lucky. Spoke too soon! On Sunday he had a huge buildup of thick yellow gunk in his left ear... on Monday his right ear began oozing thin yellow gunk... so I called his ENT. Now he has drops twice a day for an ear infection. His nose continues to drip, slowly... and gets better as the day goes on.
No comments:
Post a Comment