Us

Us
Wife, Parent, Nurse; my life raw and real, as I see it.

Thursday, February 02, 2012

Study Group

A couple weeks ago I got a call around dinnertime from a women in the "teaching/learning" center at the Tech.  I had no idea what the teaching/learning center was, nor why she was calling me…  It turned out that she was given my name by two of my instructors (pretty cool since I only had three instructors since I have been at the tech)… anyway, she is in charge of the teaching/learning center where students can go to get one on one help with homework or study in a quiet space (that is not the library) or talk about test taking strategies, or participate in organized proctored study groups.  She was calling me to ask me to be a study group proctor.  I will be in charge of two weekly study groups for Advanced Anatomy and Physiology.  I am very humbled by the offer and the trust that I can lead a group of students studying a subject that I have "mastered".  Frankly I can use the review too.  So next week I will start my new job… other job (I guess I have a few jobs…)  I am really looking forward to it, I hope that there are a lot of students who come.

And… they are going to pay me twice as much as I made as a tutor because I have a BA already!  How about that?

No comments: