Us
Wife, Parent, Nurse; my life raw and real, as I see it.
Thursday, August 05, 2010
Pediatric physiatry
Wes had his six month appointment with his pediatric physiatrist yesterday. Basically she was pleased with his progress. She wants him to have an audiology appointment to rule out any hearing problems (this makes me nervous only because this is exactly how we ended up with three sets of ear tubes for Taylor)... Anyway, that is scheduled for next Thursday. She also wants us to figure out how to wean him from the Spio suit and consider the blood tests that we talked about last time. She said that generally speaking, children who sit by the time they are two, will also walk, eventually... so she is not concerned that Wes won't walk. Good news... We are also pleased to see him make some progress. I love watching him explore the house, and I have a little more freedom since I don't have to cart him around the house with me. (Not that I did that all day long, but when I didn't, he would eventually start screaming... so it was carry him with me, or listen to him scream...) Wes is also gaining weight, FINALLY! The magic 20lbs turn the car seat around mark is approaching!!! Hopefully this will make our car rides more enjoyable for all of us too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment