You know how the saying goes... pouring is about all that has been happening around here... both figuratively and literally. The storm water run off in the backyard has been as high as I have ever seen it, everyday it seems to beat its own height. I think yesterday its span was over 25feet and some of our idiot neighbors actually when rafting down it. It was at least five feet deep. The soil is so saturated, and my weeds are growing like crazy.... sigh, another thing to attend to.
Jon and I have been talking about refinancing for a lower mortgage rate, and a couple weeks ago he found a good one. We spent the better part of last week gathering copies of our financial documents and signing page after page... now we are waiting for the appraiser to call... The appraisal, has me so nervous. I know that the economy is sort of against us, so I want to present the best version of our home... so this week, we've been attending to all sorts of "little" things that we have been "meaning to get to", but haven't. Like replacing the pulls on the closet doors, touching up the paint, replacing broken light switch covers, etc. I think there is a bad aura in the house too, because since we started fixing it up a bit, things have been breaking... the electrical man was hear on Tuesday... water got into an outside outlet and blew the fuse... turns out the outside outlets were put on the same fuse as our kitchen... so we had no electric for our stove and appliances for a couple days. $150 gone... Then yesterday the refrigerator started humming very loud, and finally an error message appeared last night... here we go again... what could be next? I don't even want to think about it. I just want this appraisal over so I can stop living in fear of it.
Edit: First thing after posting this original post, I tried to vacuum... guess what!? Yep, my vacuum isn't sucking anything... I give
No comments:
Post a Comment