Us

Us
Wife, Parent, Nurse; my life raw and real, as I see it.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mother's Day... May 11th

For those men who do not have calenders which will remind them, Mother's Day is May 11th... which is a week from Sunday! Go buy your mothers some flowers, and your wives a nice gift from their wish list on Amazon...

Mommy has needs...


In other news, its still cold here... we all have SEVERE cabin fever. The terrible twos are in full force, and Livi refuses to eat just about every single night. Toast which she calls "breakfast", "crackers" (but she actually means cookies) and "strawburries" are the only acceptable foods. Taylor the food monster prefers "puffs", unflavored puffed popcorn, but will shovel anything and everything into his little mouth. Most of it he eventually chews and swallows, but this depends upon his skill at said food. He did pretty well with steak this evening... YES I said STEAK... At almost three weeks past nasty stomach illness, see vomit village and buckets of vomit in our archives, he is still down a full pound, but not for lack of trying. I truly believe that he spends all of his calories trying to dissolve the he** out of undissolvable foods! Consequently, he also spends around eight hours of the day happily stuffing his face at the table. While I am super stoked to be reporting his continued interest in solid "table" foods, I will be very happy when some day we can have a normal meal... by this I mean, a meal in which all four of us consume the same foods in a reasonable amount of time... yes I think 3 hours per meal is a bit over kill when we are talking about one course!

I have also decided that "toddler" beds, are a big marketing farce as no kid actually wants to sleep in their "big" beds. Ours, and just about every other kid we know, has decided to x the old toddler bed for really "BIG" kid beds... two twins now inhabit what I still refer to as "the nursery", however inappropriate the term has become.

"Outside" and "Shovel" are terms we hear daily now, after spending a splendid warm weekend outdoors just two weeks ago! This unfortunate freeze has broken both of their little hearts... all Livi wants is her "wings". However fun the swings are, I am not sure that social services will understand my explaining the ensuing frostbite... "mam, all I wanted to do was give her wings!"

With that, remember to buy gifts for your wives and mothers... May 11th! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This blog is fantastic! I enjoy reading every post and without calling I cna have all juicy details about the kids, Jon and you. Love you a bunch...take care
Yollande