
Yesterday was my parent's 29th Wedding anniversary.
Not a day goes by that I don't think about Daddy, and especially now, as the year anniversary of his death looms near.
I am not really sure how or when Daddy and I became so close, but I knew that his leaving this world would not be easy for me. Jon and I actually talked about that a lot during the last years of his life, and though I often asked what I would do when he was gone, neither of us had any answers to this question. Nearly a year later, I still don't have an answer to that question. I guess I may never have that.
Lots of things remind me of Dad, some make me cry, some actually make me laugh, but most just simply remind me that he was here. And on his anniversary, I am remembering how he always got mom plants. Poinsettias at Christmas and Easter Lilly near their anniversary.
Just because we can't forget, I think Mom's table needs some lillies this year too.
No comments:
Post a Comment