
Yesterday, during the "snow" day for extreme sub zero temperatures, Ava informed me that she had a prophecy. She predicted that she would also "be off school tomorrow" (today). I told her I didn't think that was likely, and let her down gently. It didn't matter, she ran off fake crying and pouting. She does this really well, constantly all day long. Pretty soon she got over it and played pretty nicely with Taylor and Livi for the rest of the day. I was surprised that I was able to get just about everything done that I meant to, including my home baked Chili pretzel bread bowls (pictured above), running 3.5 miles, showering, and napping... go me!
I was at work when I received a text from Jon asking me where the thermometer was. I immediately assumed he was going to be checking Taylor's temp since T had a bad runny nose all day. The other kids were basically asymptomatic. I say basically because this is our house. Our kids have an endemic level of sickness from September through May, so evaluation of "symptoms" is all relative. I like to think most families with four children at these ages would agree, but I don't really know.
Anyway, it turned out that it was Ava who spiked a high temp and threw up before finally zonking out for the evening. Thus, fulfilling her own prophecy.
No comments:
Post a Comment