Us

Us
Wife, Parent, Nurse; my life raw and real, as I see it.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Trimming


Jon traveled over the holiday weekend for a spontaneous visit with family, so we trimmed our Christmas tree a little bit early this year.  Usually we stick to a tree trimming sometime after Thanksgiving... usually ends up happening on the Friday after since the kids and family are usually around.  We had three casualties this year.  Two I was able to repair, one was too damaged.  (of course I am referring to ornaments and not children :) 

Ava was more into it than we had anticipated, and Taylor and Liv were busy little helpers.  It was a little stressful, I won't sugar coat it.  But it was also very satisfying to see all the children participating and enjoying themselves.  What a difference it makes to have four children who can walk as opposed to three! I sincerely mean that in a good way.  

I haven't yet dived into the decorating of the rest of the house... you know, mantles, stockings and stuff... I'm not sure I have the energy. 

This time of year is so cumbersome, IEPs x2, extra appointments, studies, holidays, birthdays... sigh... 

No comments: