Us

Us
Wife, Parent, Nurse; my life raw and real, as I see it.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Back, Back, Back to School

So I decided to try to finsih what I started back in 2004, and since June 4th I have been busy completing the first requirement, my Certificate for Nursing Assistant. Today I completed the classroom/clinical portion of the class, now I have to complete a state certification exam before I technically become certified. I have to send in an application for this and wait for them to assign me a date and time. Isn’t that how it works, hurry up… wait… Anyway, I haven’t been in school since Taylor and Livi arrived, so I had some minor anxiety about tests and stuff, but I finished the course with a 97%, so I guess that isn’t too shabby J It was annoying to shuffle around work, school, family etc, but during the time the course ran, I travelled to Missouri for four days and had an extended forth, and managed to get all my course work done without a problem. So for me, it definitely was managable. I am sure things would be different if Jon had also been working. For now, I am going to take advantage of the time that he is home.

I am taking an entrance exam (called the Accuplacer) on Monday. I have to prove that even after five years I can still do college level math and write appropriate sentances… I am not too concerned about this, but it is one more thing. Hopefully I will be able to begin taking some core level classes in the spring, if not this fall. Timing on this has not been great, but maybe waiting a semister will help us figure out where Jon will be sitting. Flexablity is something that technical schools all tout, but in reference to medical programming, it seems to me that demand has trumpted this. Therefore, I am not sure if our family sittuation is going to make things easy in terms of school, but we shall see. For now though, I sit in limbo, waiting to see what I can accomplish with what I have.

So for now,

“Schools OUT for Summer”

I am two hours into a 12 hour shift that is dragging, you will have to forgive my sense of humor…

No comments: