Us

Us
Wife, Parent, Nurse; my life raw and real, as I see it.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Mon Amour

Is 6 years a long time? Sometimes I think so, but yesterday I was reading about a couple who had been married for 54 years. So I guess that makes 6 years sound like nothing. Anyway, six years ago today Jon and I were married, finally. We dated for four years, and spent the better part of three of them planning for the big day. Everything was perfect, but it fly by so fast. It really was like a heart beat in time. Its hard for me sometimes to believe that it has been that long, or at least that I am that old :)

Everyday I still feel so lucky to have married the most wonderful man I know, my very best friend, someone who knows me and loves me better than any other. Together we've been to hell and back, more than once, and while our journey has left its scars, our union endures. There is something amazing and miraculous about this, it is indescribable.

Jon, Happy Fathers Day! You really are the best dad our children could ever have. Happy 6th Anniversary, I love you so much!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Congratulations on your Anniversary! It sounds a lot like us. We met in 97, started dating in 98, got married in 02. Time flies!!!

Have a Great Father's Day, Jon!