Us

Us
Wife, Parent, Nurse; my life raw and real, as I see it.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Anyone ALIVE out there?

Just thought we would ask... we thought a post of Taylor, yes I said Taylor, eating Chili was sure to get some feedback! Clearly, we were mistaken. Tay is a lean, mean, eating machine these days. Today he ate two jars of food for breakfast, two jars for lunch, plus two tablespoons of Livi's Chili and a tablespoon of Pediasure in a cup, and who knows what he'll eat for dinner! The kid is eating us out of house and home! While we are all very excited about his new comfort with everything pureed, we would like to see him drink more (anything) and learn to chew so that we can kill the puree. Baby steps they tell us. I am beginning to forget what that means.

In other Taylor news, he is a walking machine too. He started taking steps mid January, and has improved immensely in a very short period of time. We still have the walker and gait trainer to help him build stamina, but by all definitions, he walks. I can't really put into words how nice it is to see the two of them interacting together like two "normal" toddlers. They chase each other around, talk to each other and of course steal each other's toys and trinkets. I love to listen to the sound of their giggling off in the distance that is our house, and I simply can't wait for the warm weather to come around. We need freedom from the confines of this house!!!

Both kiddos are becoming very expressive. They learn dozens of new words everyday, and seem to be forming simple phrases on their own. Livi knows if she says please, that she is more likely to get something that she wants. She also is starting to imitate song and dance, which is incredibly adorable. This afternoon she sang her version of the ABCs while making the Twinkle Twinkle signs. Too cute. She loves to sit at the piano and sing too. She has very emotional conversations, most of which we don't understand, but the few words that we do get sometimes make us wonder. She is starting to understand colors and numbers too.

Their favorite toy right now is the blue vacuum that they got for Christmas. They spend hours just running it along the floors, I wish they were not so afraid of the real one...! Livi loves to read, all day long, and Taylor loves chords. He can spot a chord from a mile away, and he'll get it, just try to stop him. They both refer to the computer as "baby" I am not sure why. But they come up and look at the screen and squeal "baby!" Their favorite person is Daddy. And even thought everyone who walks through the front door is called "daddy" no one is a substitute for their poor Daddy. Who is feeling a bit under weather today, and even as he naps here on the couch can't get away. The kids have been running up to him going "Dada, dada,!!" and pushing spoonfuls of imaginary food into his lifeless face. A moment I really wished I had the camera sitting here with me.

So if anyone is actually ALIVE and reading this, maybe you could drop us a little note... we're not feeling the love these days.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I watched the video! It was quite impressive! Did I not leave a comment? I usually catch up on my blogs while nursing Ruby, so I'm not great at commenting. Some day when she's older, I'm going to lose that excuse!

Unknown said...

Thanks Michelle! I used to do that too, and I am not a great commenter either. :(

Melissa said...

Wow! Taylor and chili - who knew? Looks like he has come a long way since Christmas!

Emily said...

I guess I completely missed this. Congrats on the walking Taylor! I hope you're enjoying having your hands a little more free. Dakota still uses her walker a lot when we go out places.

Heather said...

Hey! I wanted to let you know that I have been following your blog since you were on iparenting. I remembered your bedrest days and I had just gone through it myself so I was worried about. I am so proud of the twins! They are doing great and I love to hear about them! Feel free to check out my blog anytime www.kuemmerle.blogspot.com