Us

Us
Wife, Parent, Nurse; my life raw and real, as I see it.

Friday, November 02, 2007

Lite a little Star

Saturday night Jon, the kids, and Tanya will be joining me at a March of Dimes event called "Lite a Little Star". During this event, little glowing stars can be purchased for $10. At 6 or 6:30 there will be a little parade of lit stars, followed by area families telling their stories. I have been asked to tell Alivya and Taylor's story. I am very excited. I have always said that their struggle was not, for naught. They are my angels, my tiny miracles, and I will shout it from roof tops, if needed, to remind the world of their strong will. No baby should have to suffer the way they did, no family should have to sit by helplessly hoping for miracles. Penny for penny, we will do our part to try to stop this growing trend, to help save babies. We are lucky that our story became a success story, one of survival and bravery... not all of them are.

Please take a moment to consider little baby M, who was lost on Oct 20th in her 21st week of gestation. Our family mourns for her and her parents, who like us, are too young to have to experience such a terrible tragedy. L and B, our thoughts and prayers are with you, lean on each other, and love will see you through!

2 comments:

INSANITY said...

I'll be there as well to tell our story. I will look for you. I think it will be just me though.

Michelle said...

I hope you had a great time!